I’m trying an experiment in teaching – I’m going to teach my introductory virology course as a livestream on YouTube. Sessions will be every Monday and Wednesday, 11 AM eastern Time. Subscribe to my YouTube channel to attend class.
- You don’t need a textbook to do well in this course, but if you would like to dive into the details, I recommend Principles of Virology. Vol I: Molecular Biology, Vol. II: Pathogenesis and Control (S.J. Flint et al., Fifth Edition, ASM Press 2020). I’m one of the co-authors and Virology Live is based on this textbook.
- You should read virology blog for information relevant to the course.
- You should listen to the weekly podcast “This Week in Virology”, for lively discussions about virology with multiple hosts.
- Slides (pdf) will be posted at this website before each class.
- If you missed the livestream, the video will always be available on YouTube.