Hosts:Â Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, andÂ Rich Condit
Vincent, Alan, and Rich explore a novel bunyavirus isolated in China, the recent polio outbreak in Republic of the Congo, and cell to cell transmission of a retrovirus by biofilm-like extracellular assemblies.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #127 (62 MB .mp3, 86 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiV (free) inÂ iTunes , at theÂ Zune Marketplace, by theÂ RSS feed, byÂ email, or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- Novel bunyavirus isolated in China (NEJM)
- Bunyavirus page at ViralZone
- Polio outbreak, Republic of the Congo (MMWR)
- Poliovirus isolation from Republic of the Congo polio outbreak (Eurosurveillance)
- HTLV-1 transmission by biofilm-like extracellular assemblies (Nature Medicine)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 127
Weekly Science Picks
Rich – Should smallpox be destroyed? (Emerging Infectious Diseases)
Alan – Zoology of the Beagle images
Vincent – Vaccines and Your Child by Paul Offit and Charlotte Moser
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.