Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, andÂ Rich Condit
Vincent, Alan, and Rich are very enthusiastic about two studies that show how gut bacteria help viral invaders.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 154 (46 MB .mp3, 77 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, by email, or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
- TWiV154 transcriptÂ (pdf)
- Retrovirus transmission dependent on commensal microbiota (Science)
- Intestinal microbiota promote enteric virus replication (Science)
- TWiV 3D timeline (9 MB .mv4 – thanks, Ricardo)
- Faleye’s photos at VirusTalk
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 154
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – SciWriteLabs
Vincent – Take as directed
Listener Pick of the Week
Tony – Introduction to AI online course
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.