Vincent, Alan, and Rich review ten compelling virology stories of 2011.
Please help us by taking our listener survey.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 164 (60 MB .mp3, 99 minutes).
Ten virology stories of 2011:
- XMRV, CFS, and prostate cancer (TWiV 119, 123, 136, 150)
- Influenza H5N1, ferrets, and the NSABB (TWiV 159)
- The Panic Virus (TWiV 117)
- Polio eradication (TWiV 127, 149)
- Viral oncotherapy (TWiVÂ 124, 131, 142, 156)
- Hepatitis C virus (TWiVÂ 130, 137, 141)
- Zinc finger nuclease and HIV therapy (TWiV 144)
- Bacteria help viruses (TWiV 154)
- Human papillomaviruses (TWiV 126)
- Combating dengue with Wolbachia (TWiV 115, 147)
Links for this episode:
- Honorable mention: Color me infected (TWiV 115)
- Lo-AlterÂ retractionÂ (PNAS)
- Propose an ASM General Meeting session
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 164
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.