Hosts:Â Vincent Racaniello,Â Rich Condit, and Ed Niles
On episode #120 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent, Rich, and Ed discuss the transition from academic scientist to government work, the general program of drug and vaccine development in the biodefense world and at BARDA, and career opportunities for scientists in government.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #120 (77 MB .mp3, 147 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- ACAM2000 smallpox vaccine
- Bavarian Nordic’s smallpox vaccine Imvamune and phase II trial
- Rich and Ed’s paper on bacteriophage T7 mRNAs
- Quandaries of dengue vaccine development
- Tetravalent dengue vaccine
- VIVA – virology at Vassar
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 120
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.