Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dickson Despommier,Â Alan Dove,Â and Rich Condit
On episode #104 of the podcast This Week in Virology, the entire TWiV family reviews the latest ideas about colony collapse disorder of honeybees, and resurgence of monkeypox in Africa.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #104 (70 MB .mp3, 97 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- The Harvey Lectures
- Iridovirus and microsporidian linked to colony collapse disorder
- CCD discussed previously on TWiV 64, 49, and 46
- Why are they called iridoviruses?
- Iridoviruses at ViralZone
- Scientists and soldiers solve a bee mystery (NY Times, pdf)
- Edgewood research center involvement in CCD
- Resurgence of monkeypox in Africa (PNAS)
- Orthopoxvirus in Ghana
- Outbreak of monkeypox in US (MMWR)
- Goodbye smallpox vaccination, hello monkeypox
- Letters read on TWiV 104
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.