Vincent, Michael, Arturo, Stuart, and David converse about antimicrobial resistance and why most fungi do not cause disease, at the 51st Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC).
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiM 16 (65 MB, .mp3, 90 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Need for new antibacterials (J Antimicr Chem)
- Consumer antibacterial soaps (Clin Inf Dis)
- Endothermy and fungal growth (mBio)
- Bat white-nose syndrome (Microbe)
- Chytrid fungus in amphibians
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twim.