Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
On episode 4 of the podcast “This Week in Parasitism”, Vincent and Dick trace the life cycle of Trichinella spiralis in an infected host.
TWiP is brought to you by the American Society for Microbiology at Microbeworld.org.
Links for this episode:
- Trichinella life cycle (jpg)
- Newborn larva entering muscle cell (jpg)
- Adult T. spiralis in columnar epithelial cell (jpg)
- Adult female T. spiralis (jpg)
- Infective first stage T. spiralis larva in Nurse cell in muscle tissue (jpg)
- Adult female T. spiralis with fully formed larvae in uterus (jpg)
- Adult male T. spiralis with claspers on tail (jpg)
- Clinical correlations in trichinosis (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiP #4
Download TWiP #4 (59 MB .mp3, 82 minutes)
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com