Vincent, Dickson, Rich, and Alan answer listener questions about XMRV, cytomegalovirus, latency, shingles vaccine, myxomavirus and rabbits, and more.
Please help us by taking our listener survey.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 165 (61 MB .mp3, 102 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Human CMV incorporates antibody into virions (Cell Host Microbe)
- Probing influenza virion with a supercomputer (Chinese Sci Bull)
- Hallmarks of cancer (Cell)
- Dr. Eric Schadt talk, Mt. Sinai
- Bacteriophage T4 tattoo
- Virology meme
- Sociedad Española de Virología
- Norovirus takes to the skies (Sci Am) and journal article (Clin Inf Dis)
- Propose an ASM General Meeting session
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 165
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.