Vincent, Dickson, Rich, and Alan review the 100 year old finding by Peyton Rous of a transmissible sarcoma of chickens, a discovery that ushered in the era of tumor virology.
Please help us by taking our listener survey.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 163 (61 MB .mp3, 102 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Transmissible sarcoma of the fowl (J Exp Med)
- Sarcoma of fowl transmissible by agent separable from tumor cells (J Exp Med)
- 100 years of Rous sarcoma virus (J Exp Med)
- Early history of tumor virology (PNAS)
- Ralph Nader recommends The Vertical Farm
- Propose an ASM General Meeting session
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 163
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.