Vincent, Rich, and Dickson review a meta-analysis on influenza vaccine, a killer virus in fungi that selects against RNAi, and the use of armed and targeted poxviruses for oncolytic virotherapy.
Please help us by taking our listener survey.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 156 (57 MB .mp3, 94 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Efficacy and effectiveness of influenza vaccine (Lancet)
- Flu vaccine not as effective as thought (MPRNews)
- Blog posts on flu vaccine meta-analysis (virology blog, alandove, viva)
- Killer virus explains RNAi deficient fungi (Science)
- Poxvirus-based oncotherapy (Nature)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 156
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Jim – Lee Cronin: Making matter come alive (TED)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.