The Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) is the annual infectious diseases meeting of the American Society for Microbiology. This year the meeting will take place in Chicago, Illinois, and both This Week and Virology and This Week in Microbiology will be broadcast live from the meeting. TWiV will air on Saturday, September 17, at 2:00 PM CDT, and TWiM will air on Monday, September 19, at 11:15 AM CDT, at McCormick Place in room W-470B.
Meeting attendees are welcome to attend and watch live TWiV and TWiM and submit comments and questions during the show. The podcasts will be broadcast live and archived online at UStream.tv, at MicrobeWorld, and virology blog. During the live broadcasts a chat room will be available for listeners to submit questions.
Here are the participants for ICAAC TWiV and TWiM:
Saturday, 17 September, 2:00 pm CDT – This Week in Virology with Vincent Racaniello and friends
- Trine Tsouderos, Health/Medical Writer, Chicago Tribune
- Mark Pallansch, Ph.D., Chief of the Enterovirus Section in the National Center for Infectious Diseases at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control
Monday, 19 September, 11:15 am CDT – This Week in Microbiology with Vincent Racaniello and friends
- Stuart B. Levy, MD, Professor, Tufts Univ. School of Medicine/CSO, Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Tufts Univ. Sch. of Med., Boston, MA.
- Arturo Casadevall, MD, Ph.D., Professor and Chair, Albert Einstein Coll. of Med. of Yeshiva Univ., Bronx, NY.
- David Livermore, Ph.D., HPA Centre for Infections, London, United Kingdom