Vincent, Rich, and Alan discuss a method for identifying viruses of individual environmental bacteria, and the using a picornavirus for oncotherapy.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV 142 (69 MB .mp3, 95 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Probing individual bacteria for their viruses (Science)
- Looking in vivo at virus-bacterium interactions (ScienceDaily)
- Integrated fluidic circuit (Fluidigm)
- Oncotherapy with Seneca Valley Virus (Clin Cancer Res)
- Epidemiology of Seneca Valley virus (pdf)
- Senecavirus at ViralZone
- Small cell lung cancer (NCBI)
- ECOG performance status
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 142
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Pick of the Week
Angus – Science Weekly with Alok Jha
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.