Vincent, Cliff, Michael and Ron discuss the genome sequqnce of a mercury-methylating bacterium and the antimicrobial effects of nanoparticles.
Click the arrow above to play, or right click to download TWiM #5 (52.5 MB .mp3, 76 minutes).
Image of Biofilm of Desulfovibrio desulfuricans by
Links for this episode:
- Genome sequence of a mercury-methylating Desulfovibrio strain
- Dusulfovibrio commentary in ScienceDaily
- Review on the genus Desulfovibrio (pdf)
- Perturbation of an Artic soil microbe community by nanoparticles
- Nanoparticles and microbes – commentary at PopSci
- Biodegradeable nanosgtructures with antimicrobial activity
- Potential bacteriophage applications (Microbe)
- Letters read on TWiM #5
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twim.