Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
On episode 23 of the podcast This Week in Parasitism, Vincent and Dickson review the life cycle and pathogenesis of the world’s most unusual parasite, Strongyloides stercoralis.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiP #23 (74 MB .mp3, 103 minutes)
TWiP is brought to you by the American Society for Microbiology at Microbeworld.org.
Links for this episode:
- Free-living Strongyloides stercoralis adult (jpg)
- Small intestine with numerous sections of female S. stercoralis (jpg)
- Rhabditiform larva of S. sterocoralis (jpg)
- Filariform larva of S. stercoralis in skin (jpg)
- S. stercoralis buccal cavity (jpg)
- S. stercoralis life cycle (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiP 23
Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org