Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
On episode 21 of the podcast This Week in Parasitism, Vincent and Dickson review the biology and pathogenesis of Ascaris lumbricoides, one of the largest nematodes to infect humans.
TWiP is brought to you by the American Society for Microbiology at Microbeworld.org.
Links for this episode:
- Ascaris lumbricoides adult female (top) and male (jpg)
- Ascaris lumbricoides life cycle (jpg)
- Child with distended abdomen due to Ascaris (jpg)
- Adult Ascaris removed from child in previous figure (jpg)
- Toxocara canis and Toxocara cati life cycle (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiP 21
Download TWiP #21 (66 MB .mp3, 92 minutes)
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com