Vincent, Alan, and Rich celebrate the 100th episode of the podcast This Week in Virology by talking about viruses with Nobel Laureate David Baltimore.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #100 (68 MB .mp3, 94 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- David’s early papers on poliovirus and mengovirus RNA synthesis
- Reverse transcriptase found by Baltimore and Temin (pdfs)
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1975
- David fishing (Picasa web album)
- The David Baltimore asteroid belt
- Cedric’s essay The ‘Death’ of a Virus (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiV 100
Weekly Science Picks
Alan – TimeTree
Rich – The neurons that shaped civilization
Vincent – Ahead of the Curve: David Baltimore’s Life in Science by Shane Crotty
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.