Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
On episode 14 of the podcast This Week in Parasitism, Vincent and Dickson consider the life cycle and pathogenesis of the protozoan parasite Leishmania.
TWiP is brought to you by the American Society for Microbiology at Microbeworld.org.
Links for this episode:
- L. braziliensis life cycle (jpg)
- L. donovani life cycle (jpg)
- L. tropica life cycle (jpg)
- L. major lesion (jpg)
- Transgenic mosquito delivers Leishmania vaccine (thanks, Geoffrey)
- Plasmodium falciparum accompanied human expansion out of Africa (thanks, Prasad)
- Who speaks for the guinea worm? (thanks, Michael)
- Letters read on TWiP 14
Download TWiP #14 (61 MB .mp3, 85 minutes)
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com