Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Marc Pelletier
On episode #88 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent, Alan, and Marc discuss using a virus for beetle control, RNA based gene therapy for AIDS, and reconstitution of a endogenous human retrovirus.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc. Use the promotion code TWIVPOD to receive $75-$500 off a Drobo.
To enter a drawing to receive 50% off the manufacturers suggested retail price of a Drobo S or FS at drobostore.com, fill out the questionnaire here.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #88 (68 MB .mp3, 91 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Controlling the palm rhinoceros beetle with a virus
- The virologist in the Hawaiian shirt
- Information on Orcytes rhinocerus nudivirus (one, two, three)
- RNA based gene therapy for AIDS
- Reconstitution of an infectious human retrovirus (PLoS Pathogens)
- Letters read on TWiV 88
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.