- The Invisible ABC’s by Rodney P. Anderson
- The Magic School Bus #6: The Giant Germ by Anne Capeci
- A World in a Drop of Water by Alvin and Virginia Silverstein
- The Usborne Complete Book of the Microscope by Kirsteen Rogers
- Jig, Jiggle, Sneeze by Joy Vitalis
- Germs Make Me Sick! by Melvin Berger
- Germ Stories by (Nobel prize winner) Arthur Kornberg (reviewed)
- Invisible Allies: Microbes that shape our lives by Jeanette Farrell
- Five Kids & A Monkey Investigate a Vicious Virus by Beth L. Blair
- DNA is Here to Stay by Fran Balkwill
If you know of good microbiology books for children (ages 5-teen) please add them to the comments section, or email them to email@example.com and I’ll add them to this list.
Update: Thanks to the readers who have sent in their suggestions. They are listed above in the order in which I received them.