Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
On episode 12 of the podcast “This Week in Parasitism”, Vincent and Dickson introduce the obligate intracellular protozoan Toxoplasma gondii, one of the most successful parasites on earth.
TWiP is brought to you by the American Society for Microbiology at Microbeworld.org.
Links for this episode:
- Global clinical burden of malaria (PLoS Medicine)
- T. gondii sporulated oocysts (jpg)
- T. gondii tachyzoites in parasitophorous vacuole (jpg)
- T. gondii life cycle (jpg)
- Insect bioterrorism conference (thanks, Don!)
- Parasite of the Day (thanks, Douglas!)
- World Science Festival
- Letters read on TWiP 12
Download TWiP #12 (70 MB .mp3, 90 minutes)
Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org