Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Rich Condit
On episode #81 of the podcast This Week in Virology, Vincent and Rich answer listener questions on viruses and gluten allergy, RNA silencing, influenza virus, herpes simplex virus, HIV/AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, manicure salons, and the koala tea of Marseilles.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc. Use the promotion code TWIVPOD to receive $75-$500 off a Drobo.
Win a free Drobo S! Contest rules here.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #81 (68 MB .mp3, 94 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Virus infections and gluten intolerance on TWiS (thanks Jesper!)
- Viral small RNAs in PLoS Pathogens (thanks Jason!)
- Canadian Summit Awards (thanks Jim!)
- Experimenting with phage at home (thanks Richard!)
- CRISPR discovered by a dairy company (thanks Joel!)
- Expedition to New Guinea to sample bird viruses – movie and blog entry (thanks Henrik!)
- Preventing herpes with arginine and lysine – pdf (thanks Anthony!)
- Chronic fatigue donors face rejection (thanks James!)
- The Koala tea of Marseilles is not strained (thanks Stephen!)
- The other Larson virus cartoon (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiV 81
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.