Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Adolfo Garcia-Sastre
Vincent speaks with Adolfo Garcia-Sastre talk about the origin, pathogenesis, and prevention of the 2009 pandemic influenza H1N1 virus.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc. Use the promotion code VINCENT to receive $50 off a Drobo or $100 off a Drobo S.
Win a free Drobo S! Contest rules here.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #74 (34 MB .mp3, 47 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Influenza virus receptor specificity and disease
- PB1-F2 expression by 2009 H1N1 strain does not increase virulence
- Protection against 2009 H1N1 infection by immunization with older strains
- Passage in eggs changes influenza receptor specificity
- Association between D222G mutation and virulence
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.