Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Marc Pelletier
Vincent, Alan, and Marc talk about chronic wasting disease of deer caused by prions, blocking the semen-derived enhancer of HIV infection with surfen, and making green transgenic rabbits using a lentiviral vector.
This episode is sponsored by Data Robotics Inc. Use the promotion code VINCENT to receive $50 off a Drobo or $100 off a Drobo S.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #67 (64 MB .mp3, 88 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Chronic wasting disease in West Virginia
- Chronic wasting disease alliance and CDC webpage
- Semen-derived inhibitor of viral infection (SEVI)
- Surfen inhibits the action of SEVI
- Making green transgenic rabbits using simian immunodeficiency virus vector
- Science comedy (thanks Lucky Fractal!)
Weekly Science Picks
Marc Association of Science-Technology Centers Passport Program
Vincent Grand Rounds at the Mailman School of Public Health
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.