Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Dick Despommier, and Alan Dove
In episode #53 of the podcast “This Week in Virology”, Vincent, Dick, and Alan talk about Nobel prizes for telomere research, bacteriophages that protect aphids from wasps, salicylates and pandemic influenza mortality, and hand washing.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #53 (45 MB .mp3, 62 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- Nobel Prizes for telomere research
- Bacteriophages encode toxins that protect aphids from wasps
- 14 year old dies after receiving HPV vaccine
- Salicylates and pandemic influenza mortality
- Canadian microbiologist says hand washing is not proven to prevent influenza
- Surgical mask vs N95 respirator for preventing influenza
- Americans unsure about receiving pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine
- DnaTube (thanks Jim!)
- Laboratory Director certification (pdf – thanks Megan!)
- Plant production of pharmaceuticals (pdf one and pdf two – thanks Ed!)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also send articles that you would like us to discuss to delicious and tagging them with to:twivpodcast.