Hosts: Vincent Racaniello and Scott Hammer, MD
On episode #52 of the podcast “This Week in Virology”, Vincent and Dr. Scott Hammer talk about different types of AIDS vaccines and how they are tested in clinical trials.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #52 (51 MB .mp3, 71 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- PAVE 100 trial cancelled
- HIV vaccine shows promise for the first time
- Description of the Thailand AIDS program
- NEJM review on why AIDS vaccine is difficult (pdf)
- Arguments for the AIDS vaccine trial in Thailand
- International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also send articles that you would like us to discuss to delicious and tagging them with to:twivpodcast.